Monday, March 21, 2011

21/03/2011 - Blue Complimentary


Thanks for your timely contribution :D, not too late for the rest to submit! I'll be doing an up day on wed!

 Stephanie Kuan, Welcome Aboard!
She Says : Speed paint of a crystal mine
Thanks for the link, I'll add it to the list : http://sk-art.blogspot.com


Yui Kurita
Says: Hear we go!

Enrique (Kike)

This was a figure workshop last semester. I used a color called steel blue, an orange with brush pen, and a just water brush pen. The main problem with this medium and technique is that once you lay down the water it is more about working with the mistake, however the two colors mix beautifully since one is warm and the other cool. It is nice how you can also get this sort of warm green if you mix the to colors properly. At the bottom i color picked the orange and blue in photoshop as a sample for the two values i used. Another nice thing is that the blue can go from intensely dark to intensely light once you dilute it with the water brush pen.

Thanks for the detail Information, I'm sure it will help alot of us!!

Desiree Ong

I did this for my Illustration 2 : Spot Illustration,
 (Medium Watercolor + Pen and Ink ) 
We mixed a bunch of tittles in a hat for the theme Monsters, I drew from the lot and  got Fish + Human ( Not mermaid ), I was happy i got such a theme because I had put in Sea monster for tittles to pick, found out later which classmate gave me the tittle, Thanks June! It was really dificult to stick a fin the a human body and call it done, but I ended up making it work and slapped the themed color on it instead :D

I got done early, so I did another sequential  one and finished at home.. I hope the bones filled in the in between of what actually happened XD, not quite themed color though. oh and i was really hungry by that time thus explaining the fishes hunger.



Remember to vote for Next Weeks Themed Color!

No comments:

Post a Comment